Day 5- Evangelists, Books, Greetings and Decathlon
As their name implies, the NetBeans Evangelists deliver the “message” of NetBeans. They travel far and wide to conferences, user groups and institutions to demo our IDE and Platform and encourage adoption, and along the way have collected many memorable stories about life on the road as enthusiastic advocates of the NetBeans Project. One word to describe their part in the turnaround of the developer community’s awareness of the NetBeans IDE? Priceless!
The NetBeans Project has a huge following in Brazil. Former NetBeans Community Manager Bruno Souza and a handful of NetBeans fans gather together at a local restaurant to give NetBeans a hearty 10th birthday greeting Brazilian style!
Have you picked up any good books lately? As the NetBeans IDE and Platform have evolved and become popular so has the number of books about developing with them. This is a trend we like, and one that would not be possible without the hard work and enthusiasm of the authors, themselves avid NetBeans users and supporters of the project.
Featured Project- OpenSolaris
Thanks to them, there is a NetBeans reference guide to match any number of development needs—from beginner to expert, JavaEE or RCP. View our collection of recent and past publications, and do consider adding a book to your library!
To honor 10 years of the NetBeans project and community, we’ve selected ten events that anyone can participate in to be a part of the celebration. The first 300 participants to complete events that add up to 50 points will receive a limited edition NetBeans 10th Anniversary Shirt! In keeping with the spirit of community, these events are all based around various community activities and sites: blogging, forums, Facebook and more. So read on, pick out your favorite events and celebrate away!
- 10 events, each worth a different amount of points.
- Complete any number of events that tally up to 50 points.
- IMPORTANT: Keep track of links to blog entries, forums, and so on. You will need to submit these links in the Decathlon Entry Form.
- The first 300 participants to complete the Decathlon form will be eligible to receive a limited edition NetBeans 10th Anniversary T-shirt.
- There is no judging, so be creative, reminisce, and have fun!
- The Decathlon ends on Monday, October 27th, 2008.