Day 4- Certified Training, NetCAT and Decathlon
Get up to speed with the main NetBeans APIs and learn how to create a modular Swing application… by taking the NetBeans Platform Certified Training course. For universities and colleges, the course is free: a team of NetBeans trainers will visit your class and 3 days later you’ll be creating your own plugins and applications. Especially students interested in advanced Swing development techniques and in architectural designs for distributed applications should find this course very useful.
Since its inception in 2004 NetCAT has gained a lot of recognition and became very popular and respected project among both NetBeans Engineering and NetBeans Community. Timely evaluation and testing of new features on real projects with real data has significant impact on overall stability of the final product.
Featured Project- VirtualBox
To honor 10 years of the NetBeans project and community, we’ve selected ten events that anyone can participate in to be a part of the celebration. The first 300 participants to complete events that add up to 50 points will receive a limited edition NetBeans 10th Anniversary Shirt! In keeping with the spirit of community, these events are all based around various community activities and sites: blogging, forums, Facebook and more. So read on, pick out your favorite events and celebrate away!
- 10 events, each worth a different amount of points.
- Complete any number of events that tally up to 50 points.
- IMPORTANT: Keep track of links to blog entries, forums, and so on. You will need to submit these links in the Decathlon Entry Form.
- The first 300 participants to complete the Decathlon form will be eligible to receive a limited edition NetBeans 10th Anniversary T-shirt.
- There is no judging, so be creative, reminisce, and have fun!
- The Decathlon ends on Monday, October 27th, 2008.