Day 3- Community Docs, Logos and Decathlon
Did you know that the NetBeans logo was almost a bean? See the first hand-drawn drafts of the NetBeans logo, and how it evolved over time to become the cube we all know and love.
The NetBeans user interface changed a lot over time. Have a look at our collection of historic screenshots — do you remember?
The NetBeans Community Docs program is a program in which community members write and submit documentation for use by the community. Since its beginning in March 2007, the Community Docs program has developed into a dependable source of quality NetBeans documentation.
Submitted documentation includes tutorials, screencasts, FAQs, book chapters, and Tips & Tricks. Today more than 90 community members participate regularly in the program, which has resulted in more than 220 documents. The Community Docs program is yet another way in which NetBeans Community members can contribute to the success of NetBeans IDE.
Featured Project- OpenJDK
To honor 10 years of the NetBeans project and community, we’ve selected ten events that anyone can participate in to be a part of the celebration. The first 300 participants to complete events that add up to 50 points will receive a limited edition NetBeans 10th Anniversary Shirt! In keeping with the spirit of community, these events are all based around various community activities and sites: blogging, forums, Facebook and more. So read on, pick out your favorite events and celebrate away!
- 10 events, each worth a different amount of points.
- Complete any number of events that tally up to 50 points.
- IMPORTANT: Keep track of links to blog entries, forums, and so on. You will need to submit these links in the Decathlon Entry Form.
- The first 300 participants to complete the Decathlon form will be eligible to receive a limited edition NetBeans 10th Anniversary T-shirt.
- There is no judging, so be creative, reminisce, and have fun!
- The Decathlon ends on Monday, October 27th, 2008.